Sunday, July 13, 2014

Happiness

Today I want to address something that I think is pretty foundational for Happiness ,

 If you want to be happy, you have to decide that you are going to focus some of your energy on you–just you. You have to decide what makes you happy.

We have to take care of ourselves first before we can take care of other people. We can’t spread happiness or kindness with everyone else if we aren’t feeling it ourselves, and we definitely can’t be expecting other people to pull us out of the doldrums. We have to look out for number one.

Now, I’m not talking about being selfish at the expense of hurting loved ones or promoting negativity toward specific activities or people. And I’m definitely not suggesting that we all go abandon our responsibilities at work, home, school, etc. or to fly to a tropical island for a cocktail. (Though I would be willing to do that if anyone wants to foot the bill…) hehe
What I think we all need to do is stop for a second and ask: “What have I done for myself   today?”
Remember Happiness is not a fitness goal..It is a By-Product of taking care of yourself!

~battle on~

No comments:

Post a Comment